Camping during the colder months could be fun, but difficult because of the freezing temperatures. Tent heating and tent warmers are available to keep you warm while you enjoy the colder months.
There are many options available on the market, and this list will help narrow down your choices.
RELATED: 7 Steps to Set Up Your Camping Tent
Top 10 Propane Heaters On The Market Today
1. Texsport Sportsmate Portable Propane Heater
Texsport Sportsmate’s portable propane heater has a durable stainless steel burner and pressure control valve that allows you to set the burner to heat up to 3,000 BTUs.
The Texsport Sportsmate has a propane cylinder you can place in a plastic adapter or cup or on the base of the plastic paddle feet. The automatic shut-off valve will keep the propane from flowing when the flame goes out.
- It has a thermocouple for increased safety
- Reliable in wind and cold
- Comes with an automatic shut-off valve
- Does not come with a carbon monoxide detector
2. Martin gas catalyst heater
As the name suggests, the portable gas catalytic converter with foldable legs operates a catalytic heating system. The heater can produce flameless heat up to 3,000 BTUs.
A standard propane cylinder can be used for up to 7 hours due to its catalytic heating technology. The heater produces flameless heat of up to 3,000 BTUs.
- Good value for money
- Comes with a clean burning mechanism
- Distributes the heat evenly without a lot of condensation
- The ignition system can fail
3. Texsport portable propane heater for outdoor use
Texsport’s portable outdoor propane heater is your preferred heater if you enjoy camping or hunting in cold weather. This heater is also great for hikers and can keep small groups and individuals warm enough.
It features an aluminum reflector and a stainless-steel burner. The safety grille is nickel-plated. The spotlight also features a sturdy plastic base with a wide foot that ensures stability.
The propane heater generates up to 2,890 BTUs from a standard propane cylinder. An automatic shut-off valve protects the heater from burnout.
Note: This heater provides sufficient warmth for tents up to 10 x 10 feet.
- Guaranteed durability
- Is light and therefore portable
- Good value for money
- May malfunction and produce smoke
4. Martin portable infrared propane gas heater
The portable outdoor camping infrared propane gas heater Parabolic from Martin makes your camping, hunting or ice fishing activities comfortable for up to seven hours with a thermal output of 3,100 BTU.
It can be used with a standard 1 pound propane gas cylinder. There is a safety grille, and an automatic fuel shut off valve in the event that the flame goes out. The portable propane gas heater features an easy-to use heat control system and regulation.
This allows you to concentrate the heat with a specific metal. The heater has an expandable base which makes it sturdy to use.
- Do not give off fumes.
- The lack of an open frame increases security
- Suitable for closed campers or camping tents
- The base might be too shallow
5. DEWALT DXH12B portable heater
This powerful tent heater not only gives you up to 12,000 BTUs of warmth, but also offers you additional functions that will be useful on your camping adventure. This propane tent heater runs for seven hours on a 1-pound propane bottle.
The heater’s heat is evenly distributed, covering up to 450 square metres thanks to the built-in fan. This heater can also be powered by a 20V rechargeable battery. You can also operate an LED lightbar for improved visibility.
- Has a built-in shutdown mechanism for safety
- It has a fuel efficient mechanism
- Has a remarkably long term
RELATED: How to Pick a Tent That Works for You
6. SENGOKU Heatmate Portable Heater
Sengoku makes high quality heaters, and this one is no exception. Heatmate’s portable heater can heat a 380-square foot tent up to 10,000 BTUs.
The Sengoku tent heater’s 4.5-liter kerosene tank will keep it warm for 14 hours before needing to be filled again. Functionally, the stove’s shield protects both the burner and the user from damage from the wind. Like other Heatmate models, it has an electric ignition, a flame level control, and an automatic tilt sensor.
- Comes with an easy-to-read fuel gauge
- It’s reliable
- Can also be used indoors
- The automatic shutdown can malfunction
7. MR. Buddy MH9BX heater
Compact propane-powered tent heaters don’t get any better than Mr. Buddy’s MH9BX heater. The heater heats a shelter or tent up to 225 square feet with a robust 9,000 BTUs. The heater comes equipped with an easy to use piezoelectric spark igniter, which allows for easy ignition outdoors.
The heater can be run for up to six hours with a propane cylinder of 1 pound. The heater is designed to be used at altitudes above 7,000 feet. It also has a low-oxygen sensor and a toggle switch. It allows you to enjoy the outdoors without worrying about safety.
- Comes ready to use out of the box
- Works well indoors and outdoors
- Great value for money
- Does not come with a carbon monoxide detector
8. APG portable gas heater
The portable gas heater from APG is not only made of high-quality and durable material, but can also be easily taken with you on your camping trips. Your camping friends will feel less stressed about sleeping hot because the safety valve can be adjusted.
You can also use a gas tank with the right settings for just one night. It can be mounted on a gas tank or fitted with an adapter. The propane heater works great for one night.
- The propane heater ignites almost effortlessly
- Is inexpensive as a medium tank can warm you up for up to 3 hours
- It’s easy to use
- Does not come with a built-in igniter
RELATED: Plan Your First Car Camping Trip
9. Stansport portable infrared propane heater for outdoor use
The Stansport Portable Infrared Propane Heater comes with a four level setting that allows you to set it to the heat level you want for comfort – that is, low, medium or high heat levels. It has a rear-mounted cage that automatically shuts it off to ensure safe handling.
- Saves fuel
- Has a practical handle for easy carrying
- Simply concentrates the heat where it is needed
- Has no matchless ignition
10. Hiland LP-195C Portable Tank-Top Propane Camping Heater
The portable tank top Hiland LP-195C is made of high quality and robust materials such as aluminum and steel. You can use 1 lb propane tanks to generate 3,000 BTUs of heat output.
The heater also features a tilt protection and a removable base to improve stability.
- Is durable and reliable
- Safe to use indoors and outdoors
- It is light and therefore portable
- Cannot switch from two burners to one without turning off the heater
Would you like to learn more about using your propane heater? Watch the HVAC Training 101 video:
Let’s go, camper. Camping and other outdoor activities don’t end at night. There are many tent heaters that can help you beat the chill at night. You can rest assured that outdoor activities will continue to improve.
What tent heater are you most fond of using when camping? Comment below to let us know!
To all preppers, craftsmen, bushmasters, nature lovers and all-round experts, Survival Life needs YOU! Click here to submit a story for us.
You can also connect with us on Facebook and Instagram via Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook.
Source * survivallife.com – * Source link